For direct online access to VA benefits and resources, create an account here.

Not every fine academic institution — college or otherwise — is within our borders. Some study may call for a trip elsewhere, overseas and abroad, and while that may seem like a stretch for Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) educational benefits to cover, it’s not.

Veterans can study at a foreign school just the same as one in the United States — so long as the program meets standards and qualifications put forth. Both veterans and qualified dependents may be eligible.

(To check the status of your G.I. Bill benefits, click here)

To find out if the school you’re looking at it is covered, click here.

Once you find out that your chosen institution is covered, you can start the process of receiving benefits by applying here.

For more information on foreign programs and how they tie into what the VA offers, click here.