For direct online access to VA benefits and resources, create an account here.

If you’re a veteran who was honorably discharged from your service recently, and you’ve been struggling trying to find a job, the state unemployment office can be a port in the storm when it comes to benefits.

Much needed assistance while you search.

It’s called the Unemployment Compensation for Ex-Service Members (UCX) program, and to find out if you’re eligible, simply click here.

If you’re still on terminal leave, you won’t be eligible.

Here’s how it works:

First apply for unemployment in the state you’re living in (in person at the office or online). They’ll figure out if you’re eligible or not, how much you’ll get in compensation, and the duration. Just be sure to have your DD-214, your social security card, a resume and your military job history upon applying.

If you’re unemployed, homeless or at risk of being homeless, click here for immediate assistance.