At the Subway Firecracker 250 Powered by Coca Cola this Friday, look at the windshields. You might catch the names of several military units peeling through the race track.
NASCAR will replace the XFINITY header from many of its vehicles with shout outs to military units from all service branches. This gesture is typical of NASCAR. The brand is constantly honoring the U.S. military through sponsored races and events. It even offers a 10% discount to military members and first responders on all its merchandise.
The entire race weekend will pay tribute to military veterans by recognizing the three most recent recipients of the Congressional Medal of Honor and hosting hundreds in the military community.
According to a NASCAR press release, here are the military units that will get a shout out from each racer in the NASCAR XFINITY Series.
– Brendan Gaughan will represent the 23rd Special Tactics Squadron.
– Elliot Sadler will honor Fort Campbell.
– Ty Dillion will both represent 1st Battalion, 2nd Marines from Camp LeJeune.
– Brandon Jones will honor the 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marines from Camp LeJeune.
– Justin Allgaier will honor the U.S. Air Force 469th Flight Training Squadron.
“This year there’s a personal tie for me as I get to display the squadron of one of my friends,” Allgaier said. “We love that we’re able to support our military, but a sticker or event will never be enough to truly give them all the credit they deserve for what they do.”