Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInEmail this to someone

bilde

Air Force Secretary Deborah Lee James recently announced the U.S. Air Force has ruled out management program layoffs in 2015.

James made the announcement on Tuesday in a meeting with troops in different countries via video conferencing.

“Enough is enough,” she said. “Contrary to what we said earlier that there would still be involuntary force shaping in FY15 we have now determined we will not do involuntary force shaping in FY15.” James added, “We have reduced far enough. We will not go lower. We will fight to hold on to the numbers that we now have.”

Stars and Stripes reports Air Force officials have said the service is working toward reducing its force size by September 2015. The Air Force has nearly 315,000 active duty and enlisted officers according to Air Force personnel statistics. That’s the lowest level since the service was created in 1947. Due to budget cuts, its scheduled to decline to 310,900 airmen by the end of the fiscal year. 

“I think we have to get back to the idea that compromise is a good word. It’s the way we get things done,” James said. “And ultimately, that’s what we all have to do as leaders in government. We have to get things done.”