Who likes Vines? Raise your hand!
Well, for those of you who don’t know, they are 6 second videos that capture truly great moments on video. In 2012 Vine was one of the fastest growing social media sites around, but recently it has significantly decreased in popularity. As social apps like Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook overshadow Vine we thought it would be a good idea to reflect on some of the best military vines in the books.
From funny soldiers to homecomings, we can’t promise you won’t laugh or cry after some of these, but isn’t that what makes a Vine truly great? So, without further ado, here are some of the best military Vines on the internet:
1.I’m pretty sure we’ve all felt this way at some point: “What it’s like to wake up for work after a 4 day pass.”
2. Sisters receiving the best gift ever!
3. Here’s a soldier who doesn’t know his own strength!
4. And here’s a UH-1Y Huey Rocket Pod being fired.
5. This little boy has the cutest reaction to his dad coming home.
6. Wonder how to pick up girls as a mechanic? This guy’s got you covered.
7. This boy is so overcome by emotions when his mom surprises him at a basketball game.
8. This is a sillier Vine that just made us smile. What a great helipad!
9. This dad went above and beyond, by disguising himself as a football player about to play his sons team!
10. High school sports seem to be a trend actually, because here’s a dad surprising his cheerleader daughter.
11. Have you heard of the running man challenge? If you haven’t, here are the University of Maryland athletes behind it. And below are some troops giving it their best shot.
12. This little girls laugh will make your day guaranteed!
13. Finally, we end with our favorite, a soldiers rendition of a turtle. Truly a masterpiece!
We hope you enjoyed these Vines and walk away with a new appreciation for this fading art form.