For direct online access to VA benefits and resources, create an account here.
Attending a job or career fair can do more than just educate you on an industry, help you meet a few contacts, or give an abridged view of the opportunities out there — it can actually land you a position with a great company.
But only if you prepare for it correctly, and pack the right approach.
A Few Tips for Attending a Career Fair
– Dress professionally, i.e. look your best
– Do some research on the businesses attending the fair you’re going to — including what they’re looking for
– Pick out a bunch of employers you really want to talk to and prepare questions for each
– Pack a good number of copies of your résumé (you can create one for free here) as well as any pertinent military transcripts
– Business cards! Make them and bring them
– Update your LinkedIn profile
To find a job or career fair near you, click here.