For direct online access to VA benefits and resources, create an account here.

Some American service members, as part of their commitment to honorably fulfill their service, may have be exposed to a level of radiation that could be detrimental to their health and wellness.

If you or a loved one is a veteran who, while serving, came into contact with ionizing radiation and are now suffering from a disease or condition believed to be caused by such exposure, a disability rating (and subsequent care) and/or compensation (payments) may be a possibility. And a solution.

Note: the veteran must have been discharged under conditions other than dishonorable.


You must say “yes” to either of these two: 

– Is the illness or ailment on this list?

– If it’s not, did a doctor diagnose you with an illnesses or ailment related to ionizing radiation?

You can securely message your health care team by clicking here.

You also must say “yes” to any of the following — did you come into contact with ionizing radiation while serving in the military by …

– Being a part of atmospheric nuclear weapons testing

– Being a prisoner of war (POW) in Japan

– Serving in the postwar occupation of Hiroshima or Nagasaki

– Working as an x-ray technician in a reactor plant or in a nuclear medicine or radiography — while on active duty or during active or inactive duty for training in the Reserves

– Doing tasks like those of a Department of Energy employee — a member of the Special Exposure Cohort

– Part of underground nuclear weapons testing at Amchitka Island, Alaska

– Assigned to a gaseous diffusion plant at Paducah, Kentucky or Portsmouth, Ohio or Area K-25 at Oak Ridge, Tennessee

How to Apply

To apply, all you have to do, is click here.

Once done, you can check on the status of the claim by clicking here.


To find out more about how the disability ratings work, click here.