For direct online access to VA benefits and resources, create an account here.

If you’re active-duty but leaving the service soon (within the next half year) about to become a new veteran of the United States military, or, if you’ve been honorably discharged in the past year and you qualify for educational assistance (the G.I. Bill being one) through the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) you may be eligible for free career or job counseling. In other words, you can not only consult experts in the field on what to transition to in the civilian world, but they can help you get started in the process.

To check the status of your current G.I. Bill benefits, click here.

To apply for G.I. Bill benefits, click here.

Dependents of current or former service members may also qualify for this benefit — if they’re enrolled in one of the following programs: Post-9/11 G.I. Bill, Fry Scholarship, the Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance program (DEA).

In addition to advisement in regards to transition and a new career, this counseling can also assist in dealing with issues that may be getting in the way of such advancement.

To apply, click here and scroll to the bottom of the page where it says “How do I get these benefits?”.