For direct online access to VA benefits and resources, create an account here.

The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has okayed a wealth of establishments — colleges, universities and other institutions — of higher learning for the education benefits they offer (like the G.I. Bill) to be applied and used by service members, veterans and qualified dependents and survivors to get a degree.

However, not every single school has a stamp of approval.

To find out which ones do, and which ones don’t, click here (there’s also a field to see if the school accepts the Yellow Ribbon, as well).

To apply for educational benefits through the VA, click here.

If you or a loved one has already applied, and you’d like to check the status of your G.I. Bill, click here.