Fort Hood needs the military community’s help. A soldier stationed at the United States Army base in Texas, originally from Indiana, has gone missing.

His name is Dakota Stump, and he’s only 19.

He’s the young man in the above photograph.

According to an Army spokesperson named Jacob Caldwell, Stump has been missing since the evening of October 10, a Monday.

This from the Indy Star:

“Our first and foremost concern is Pvt. Stump’s safety and health,” Caldwell said. “Finding him quickly is the first step to ensuring both of those things.”

Stump is an indirect fire infantryman assigned to the Apache Troop, Fourth Squadron, Ninth Cavalry Regiment, Second Armored Brigade Combat Team in the First Cavalry Division.

His brother, Dustin Campbell, said Stump wants to be a fireman when he gets out of the military. This week has been sleepless and stressful, he said.

For any information on the whereabouts of Pvt. Stump, please contact Fort Hood directly at (254) 286-5139.

UPDATE: This is from FOX 59 in Indianapolis …

Stump is 5’5” tall, weighs 140 pounds, and has brown hair and brown eyes.

He is assigned to the 1st Cavalry Division’s Apache Troop, 4th Squadron, 9th Cavalry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team. He drives a black Ford Mustang with red interior.

“We don’t know if this is going to have a happy ending or a not happy ending at this point, but I feel like something definitely is not right.” his mother said.

Stump’s mother told FOX59 that shortly after her son went missing, Fort Hood officials said they traced his phone to the Indianapolis area. She says she now going through all his phone records trying to find anyone he may have talked to leading up to his disappearance.

“We just want to know he’s OK…we stand behind any decisions that he makes but I just can’t deal with not knowing” she said.

Officials also confirmed that he left all his possessions behind — including cash — as they suspect that he intended to return on the night he went missing.

SECOND UPDATE: On the morning of November 4, Fort Hood officials discovered the dead body of Stump in a car on the installation’s grounds.